Apple and Sour Cream Slice
Apple and Sour Cream Slice – recipe and image courtesy of Womens Weekly
- 340 gram packet butter cake mix
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 gram butter, melted
- 400 gram can pie apples
- 300 gram carton sour cream
- nutmeg, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 26x16cm slice pan with baking paper, extending at long sides for handles.
- Combine cake mix, coconut and butter in a large bowl. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place apple and sour cream in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly over warm base; smooth surface. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.