Thai Chicken Meatballs
• 500g chicken mince
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
• Lime wedges, to serve
1. Combine mince, garlic, ginger, mint and coriander in a bowl.
2. Using clean hands, roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a large plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chilli in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, turning, for 10 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce and lime wedges, sprinkled with extra mint sprigs
These meatballs can be steamed for a fuss free cooking method
Freeze once cooked for an easy meal addition later – or a lunchbox snack
Add to salads or wraps for some extra oomph