125 gram butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
2 cup self-raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
Milk chocolate ganache
185 gram milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
30 gram butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease oven trays; line with baking paper. Beat butter, sugar and syrup in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in sifted flour, coconut and oats.
- Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls; place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays.
- Flatten with fork. Bake about 12 minutes; cool on trays.
- Meanwhile, make milk chocolate ganache: Stir chocolate and butter in small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water until smooth; cool until spreadable.
- Sandwich biscuits with ganache; refrigerate until firm.