- 500 gram lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 red onion finely diced or grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, parsley, barbecue sauce and garlic. Season to taste.
- Shape mixture into 8 even-sized flattened rissoles. Place on a baking tray and chill 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook rissoles 4-5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Enjoy with mashed potato, baked or green vegetables and gravy of choice