APPLE TEA CAKE
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 teasp cinnamon
250g caster sugar
1 2/3 cup SR flour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a 20cm tin
- Peel and core the apples, and cut into segments. Toss the apples in lemon juice and half the cinnamon, set aside
- Put 50g each of the sugar, butter and flour, place in a bowl with the remaining cinnamon and rub together with your fingers
- Place eggs and remaining sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until very light and fluffy.
- Melt remaining butter and pour into egg mixture. Sift in remaining flour, then fold in carefully until combined.
- Pour into the pan, and carefully lay the apple slices over top. Sprinkle with the crumble mixture and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve dusted with icing sugar.