1 cups all purpose | plain flour
60g sugar or sweetener
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
- Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a
large-sized bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the milk, slightly cooled
melted butter, vanilla and egg.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk the wet ingredients together first before slowly
folding them into the dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth (there may be
a couple of lumps but that’s okay).
- (The batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If you find the batter too
thick — doesn’t pour off the ladle or out of the measuring cup smoothly — fold a
couple tablespoons of extra milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and wipe over with a
little butter to lightly grease pan. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread
out gently into a round shape with the back of your ladle or measuring cup.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface,
flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, fruit, ice cream or frozen yoghurt, or enjoy