- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups dark chocolate buttons
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Grease and line a slice pan (20cm x 15cm) with paper
3. Grate the zucchini and set aside
4. In a mixing bowl combine the coconut oil, eggs, syrup and vanilla.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
7. Add dry mixture to the wet/zucchini mixture. Stir to combine. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean
9. Allow to cool in pan then cut into squares and enjoy