No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
200 grams (approximately 20) Oreo cookies
60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) cream cheese, room temperature
50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
360 ml (1 and 1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon icing or powdered sugar
250 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) fresh raspberries
- Lightly grease a 9 inch (23 cm) springform baking tin with a little butter and set aside.
- Add your Oreo biscuits (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Melt your butter in the microwave and then pour over your crushed Oreos and whiz again the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour your Oreo mixture into your prepared tin and press down gently to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add your softened cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixture until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add your cream and beat with an electric beater until it is whipped and soft peaks form.
- Finally, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave until it is just melted – give it a good stir. Then add your chocolate to your cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Then gently fold through the whipped cream.
- Pour your cheesecake over the top of your Oreo biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To decorate, place your extra cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until whipped. Then sift in the icing or powdered sugar and the cocoa powder and gently fold through. Pop your chocolate cream in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe swirls along the edges. Decorate the top with fresh raspberries. Enjoy!