Mac and Cheese
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 1/2 cups (625g) milk
1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
1/2 cup (35g) panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling
water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add flour and mustard.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until the mixture bubbles and is grainy. Reduce
heat to low.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until
the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add cheddar. Stir to combine. Season
- Stir the macaroni into the sauce. Spoon into a 10-cup (2.5L) ovenproof dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly
over the macaroni mixture in the dish. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden.