LEMON YOGHURT CAKES
- 125 grams butter softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- finely grated rind of a lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup greek style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Place cupcake wrappers in tin or grease 20cm cake tine
- Place softened butter, sugar and lemon rind in a medium sized bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well in between adding the next egg.
- Fold in lemon juice, then a half the flour, half yoghurt and combine well, then add the other halves combining well again with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into pan. Bake for about 15 mins for cupcakes or 35 mins for full cake.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out on to a rack.
- Dust with icing sugar.