Recipe courtesy of The Australian Women's Weekly classic recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Type: Baking
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
You can't go past Australian Womens Weekly for classic baking recipes. No point trying to create my version of an already great recipe!
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tspvanilla essence
- 1/2 cup(110 g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup(100 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups(260 g) self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup(130 g) choc bits
- 1/2 cup(60 g) chopped walnuts
- Beat butter, essence and sugars in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth; add the egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in sifted flour and remaining ingredients, and roll rounded teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
- Place balls about 4 cm apart on greased oven trays; bake in a moderate oven (170 degrees) for about 15 minutes or until browned. Cool on trays.